Supporting Your Organisation
Outsourcing equality projects can be a cost effective way of addressing equality and diversity issues. It can be useful to have an independent perspective, and you may not have a member of staff dedicated to equality matters. Equality consultants have significant specialised experience, and can hit the ground running.
We work on one off projects, fixed time projects and fractional contracts. How we work together depends on your needs, and flexibility, along with value for money, are paramount for your organisation. Our recent consultancy work includes:
- reviewing codes and constitution for a barristers’ Chambers.
- developing and reviewing Equality Outcomes in consultation with service users and stakeholders.
- reviewing policies and processes to ensure that they are compliant with legislation, and making suggestions for change.
- advising on Equality Impact Assessments – training staff to conduct them, and quality assuring the results.
- auditing Job Evaluation processes to ensure that they are capable of providing Equal Pay.
- producing Equal Pay audits, with recommendations for change in pay and grading systems.
An Equality Audit holds a mirror up to an organisation and objectively assesses internal practices.
An Equality Audit can reduce the risk of claims of discrimination as risk is assessed and change is recommended. It also demonstrates to staff and stakeholders that the organisation is commited to the promotion of equality in a transparent way.
The Audit will note when the organisation goes beyond compliance by processes, policies and initiatives which aim to increase diversity.
The results of an Equality Audit will enable organisations to gain an insight into the perceptions of staff and stakeholders. It will help organisations assess risk of claims of discrimination, and provide a comparison with good external practice.